1. Management of the Bookshop
Registered office address
2. Browsing the Bookshop
2.1 Harriman grants you a licence to access and use this bookshop website, but not to make commercial use of any of the content, nor to collect or store any of the product descriptions, images or prices, either manually or using systematic data-mining or data-gathering techniques without the express written permission of Harriman.
2.2 All of the content in the bookshop website is the property of Harriman, and enjoys the full protection of UK and international copyright law.
3. Transacting with the Bookshop
3.1 When you submit an online or telephone order to the bookshop, that submission constitutes an offer to purchase goods from Harriman. On acceptance of the offer by Harriman, your contract is with Harriman, and your statutory rights are with Harriman.
3.2 Harriman's policy is to charge a customer's credit or debit card upon order by the customer. Should it not be possible to fulfil an order, Harriman will refund the value of any items that are unavailable. If a customer wishes to cancel an order, they will be able to do so as long as stock to fulfil any given order has not been ordered by Harriman and the order has not already been dispatched.
Harriman will bill the card the GBP Sterling value of the order, and cannot guarantee the conversion price in the customer's local currency. This is subject to the customer's bank's rate of exchange on the day the card is billed.
3.3 Harriman will take payment upfront for pre-order items and dispatch the goods when they are released/published, this may be on the day of release or beforehand. If dispatched on the day of release/publish additional time for postage with be incurred and it then out of control of Harriman and passed over to the delivery company.
3.4 Ownership of goods relating remains with Harriman until such time as full payment is received by Harriman from you.
3.5 If the goods ordered by you are subject to a tax or other charge when the package reaches its destination, the liability for paying these charges will be with you, not with Harriman. Harriman has no way of knowing what particular customs and import charges may be in force at any time in any country, and makes no allowance in its pricing policy for such charges. For the purposes of customs and other importation charges, therefore, you assume the role of importer of the goods. Harriman will not be liable to you for any delay or failure of the goods to reach their delivery address because of the detention of a package by customs or other authorities.
3.6 Harriman reserves the right to decline orders, or to cancel orders at its discretion.
3.7 Harriman reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and Terms & Conditions at its absolute discretion.
3.8 These Terms & Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
4. Availability of Goods
Each book page on our website tells you when a book will be shipped to you. The time depends on whether we have the book in stock and, if we do not, how quickly we can obtain copies:
2. Within [specified number] of Days
Prices quoted on this website are correct to the best of our knowledge. Harriman reserves the right to refuse to sell the product concerned at the lower, incorrect, price advertised on our website. In this situation, we will contact you to tell you what the higher correct price is, and ask whether you wish to continue with the order at this price or cancel the order.
Harriman also reserve the right to refuse sale at a price that has been publicised on the website, or elsewhere if it is incorrect due to error.
Most of the products we sell don't carry VAT but those that do include eBooks, CDs/DVDs and magazines. Where products do have VAT, the product web page will display the gross price (i.e. VAT included). The invoice we send out with parcels is a full VAT invoice (where applicable). Harriman's VAT number is 626015567.
6. Returns Policy
- If you receive a book from us in imperfect condition, we will be glad to replace it with another copy in perfect condition. Please Contact us in advance to let us know that you will be returning the book.
- As a general rule, Harriman does not accept returns of books just because they are different from what you expected them to be. The reason we put so much information about books on our website is to enable you to make an informed decision when you purchase them.
- A small charge my be incurred for returning books known as a restocking fee and is charged/deducted at the discretion of Harriman
- We may, in some circumstances, offer to exchange a book which you have bought for another book, but such exchanges need to be agreed with us by email in advance and do not happen as of right.
- If you are in any doubt about which books to buy, please Contact us and ask for advice.
7. Instructions on Returns
1. Please wrap the book up in foam, carrier bags, newspaper - anything that will protect it from the knocks it will get through the postal system. (If a book comes back damaged, we cannot accept the return.)
2. Insert the book in a padded envelope or cardboard box. You may be able to re-use the one we sent to you if you still have it. If not, you can buy them from most post offices and stationers.
3. Place the original packing slip which came with the product and return to the return address on the packing slip.
Please make sure you pay the correct postage as we cannot pay any surcharge incurred.
8. Gift vouchers and promotions
1. Gift vouchers and promotions will be automatically issued to qualifying, online orders. The voucher number will be displayed on the final page of the order form and in your automatic email acknowledgement.
2. Gift vouchers and promotional codes are applied at the last stage of checkout and some have conditions that need to be met to be accepted.
3. No change or credit will be given if the value of the gift voucher exceeds the value of the books being ordered.
4. Gift vouchers have no cash value and there is no cash alternative.
5. Gift vouchers and promotional codes may have set expiry dates.
6. Gift vouchers and promotional codes can be redeemed when ordering online or over the phone.
7. Harriman reserves the right to refuse use of a voucher or promotion code at it's discretion and/or remove vouchers from user accounts.
8. Gift vouchers or promotional codes need to used at time of checkout, discount/refunds may be given once the order is complete/paid for but at it's own discretion.
10. Free gifts
Only one free gift will be issued per order, even if the order is subsequently split with some books sent separately.
No cash alternative to the free gift is available.
The free gift is subject to availability.
This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or promotion.
If you return item(s) under our returns policy you must also return any free gift or promotional item associated with the promotion and received by you as a result of that order. If the free gift is not returned, the value of the gift will be deducted from your return amount.
Free gifts and promotional items that are given away in conjunction with a purchase may be dispatched to you separately and delivery times may vary.
All transactions are covered by UK law